St. John’s | San Juan Episcopal Church invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $20.00-$25.00/hour, 20 hours/week OFFICE LOCATION: Olympia, WA
OPENING DATE: August 15, 2022, until filled. Application Review begins August 22, 2022
The mission of St. John’s | San Juan Episcopal Church is to love the Lord God, to love our neighbors as ourselves, and to live out our Baptismal Covenant so that we build a community transformed by the love of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone who is purposeful, collegial, and collaborative to join us as our Parish Administrator, providing administrative support to the clergy, lay leadership, and members of the congregation. This is a permanent, part-time position offering flexible scheduling of office hours and some opportunity to work remotely.
The Parish Administrator is the hub for administrative support for the parish and is responsible for ensuring that the parish database, records, and files are kept in accordance with the canons of the church and all applicable laws. The Parish Administrator is also responsible for completing required reports, clergy support, supervising the work of office volunteers, and managing both internal and external communications. Proficiency in English and Spanish (both spoken and written) is preferred.
General Administration: Serve as office manager/receptionist and provide administrative support for the Rector, lay leadership, and members of the congregation.
Staff Support: Manage the Rector’s schedule and church calendar for staff, Vestry, and ministry meetings, events, and building use by outside groups. Responsible for pick up and distribution of mail.
Volunteer Coordination: Recruit, train, schedule, and manage volunteers to work in office and assist with projects, activities, and events.
Clergy and Liturgical Materials Support: Create, format, proof-read, and disseminate all service bulletins and liturgical customaries.
Communications: Manage all aspects of communications with parishioners, visitors, and the general public, including weekly newsletter, website, social media (Facebook, Twitter), local print media
Congregational and Diocesan Reports: Prepare and submit reports to Vestry and Diocese as required.
Programming Support: Assist ministries in coordinating, implementing, and supporting church programming.
Church Data Systems Management: Manage REALM church data base to maintain records, directories for membership, ministry groups, scheduling service participants, tracking attendance, and website content.
Facilities Management: Coordinate with Sexton and Junior Warden on building maintenance and facility usage.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (at least 3 years) or a combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communications and customer service skills
- Proficiency in English and Spanish (both spoken and written) preferred.
- Excellent graphic sensibility and skills.
- Able to maintain productive relationships with colleagues, parishioners, volunteers, and the public
- Able to work collaboratively, analyze information, and make appropriate decisions
- Able to work independently on a variety of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and follow-through
- Able to exercise sound judgment, demonstrate tact when dealing with others, accept responsibility, and give careful attention to detail
- Committed to demonstrating integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google apps, Constant Contact, website maintenance, social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience with non-profit culture and organization preferred
- Experience in a liturgical Christian setting is a plus
- Completion of Safeguarding God’s People and Children series of coursework within 90 days of hire date
- Subject to Reference Check & Washington State Patrol Background Check
- ·Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Storage room and some parish offices are only accessible by stairs