Skip to main content
St. John's Episcopal
Wednesday, April 29 2020

This month’s update is brief due to the slowdown caused by the coronavirus pandemic. We’re nearing completion of the final design phase of Part I renovation, but Governor Inslee’s stay home order has delayed completing the scope definition and pricing of hazardous materials abatement, information that’s crucial to developing a final cost estimate. We now anticipate having that in May, as the state is expected to begin relaxing some of its stay home restrictions soon.

Even with this delay, there is still enough time for us to apply for a Part I building permit by mid-June. The City of Olympia has extended the new building code adoption date until November 1, which gives us some cushion if we need it, but at present we expect to apply for the permit as originally scheduled.

Much more to come next month. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Respectfully submitted,
Lou MacMillan
Renovation Committee Chair

Posted by: Lou MacMillan AT 12:50 pm   |  Permalink   |  Email